Προς το περιεχόμενο

Αλλαγή μαγνητών σε σκάφος (Heritage 535)

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Γεια και χαρα σας.

Πηρα μια Heritage 535 παιζει μια χαρα,εχω ομως κατι μαγνητες  Stormy Monday

και λεω να τους βαλω πανω στο σκαφος.

Λογω του οτι βαριεμαι να τρεχω, λεω να τους αλλαξω μονος μου.

Εαν μπορει καποιος να βοηθησει ??

Ευχαριστω πολυ !!!

SL380762.jpg

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

ΞΕΧΝΑ το αν δεν το εχει ξανακανει..ΜΕΓΑΛΗ πικρα η αλλαγη μαγνητων σε σκαφος.

Εκτος κι αν το κανεις οπως το εκανα εγω ,κομπογιαννιτικα αλλα χωρις κανενα προβλημα,δηλ.κοψεις τα καλωδια των παλιων μαγνητων και τα ενωσεις με αυτα των νεων με μονωτικη (μια χαρα δουλευει) ;D 

www.soundcloud.com/superfunk12

https://superfunk12.wordpress.com/

• Guru

εγω στο σκαφος εχω βαλει βυσματακι (στη μεση του καλωδιου και στους μαγνητες) και αλλαζω το μαγνητη κατα καιρους πολυ ευκολα (ενα paf και ενα ken armstrong).

μηπως υπαρχει ποιο καλος τροπος

Υπαρχει ο.... κανονικος δηλ.να αφαιρεσεις τα ποντεσιομετρα και τους μαγνητες τελειως και να κολλησεις κανονικα με καλαϊ τα παντα...

θελει κολπα και...πολλα μετρα ΠΕΤΟΝΙΑ (δεν κανω πλακα) για να μη ΤΡΕΛΛΑΘΕΙΣ....

Δηλαδη δεν μπορω να βγαλω ευκολα τα ποντεσιομετρα ??

Ξερω να  κανω κολησεις εχω και τα εργαλεια ολα.

Καταλαβα παω για ψαρεμα  ;D ;D

Παντως αν θες ετσι τους αλλαζεις ;D

here are the steps:

-take off strings.

-take off pickguard

-take off knobs

-tie a couple of feet of dental floss securely to the pot shaft. Make sure its tight. One member uses tubing from an aquarium and he literally pushes the pot tip into the tubing and it holds on securely. What ever you use, if you tie something on, make sure its not too big because when you take the nut off the pot, you will need to pull the nut over the pot tip and you don't want fat string stopping you from doing this. Plus something thin like dental floss or thin fishing line will let you tie it up under the knurls of the pot shaft securely.

-for the jack, I don't know what everybody else does, but I was worried about how to get it back through the hole when I was done as it doesn't have anything to tie the floss too. What I did was use one of those plastic anchors you use to hang a picture in drywall went you don't have a stud around. You know, the kind that you push into the drywall hole that you drilled and when you screw a screw in, the anchor swells up behind the wall, keeping the screw from pulling back out? I found one, and started putting a screw in it until it started to swell. Then by trial and error, I found the point where it was fat enough to be safely put into the jack and it would securely hold on without falling out, but if I really pulled, it would still come out. I pressed it in the jack cup and then tied the line to the screw. It worked quite well, but be careful not to force it in too hard. you don't want to hurt anything trying to get it out later. I realize this is an unorthodox solution and I have no idea what anyone else does.

-mark the pots because when they are all sprawled out later, you'll get confused as what was what. Take a small sharpie and color code the pot shaft tips or mark them any way you see fit so that you know which one is bridge volume, neck volume, master tone, etc...

-if you haven't done so already, cover your guitar completely with towles. As you take the parts out, don't put them directly on the guitar or they will scratch it. And even more importantly, hot solder drips and spits, so cover the guitar, cover the table your working on and where long sleeves, but not baggy sleeves.

-remove pickups, place them on towel on top of guitar

-very carefully remove the nut holding the pots on. I think StewMac makes a special tool to not mar the finish of your guitar. I didn't have it, so I just put a towel down and was extra careful with the wrench. If it slips, you'll scratch your guitar. And it will slip.

-now with the nut and washer removed, the pots will want to fall through. Pull them through the bridge pickup cavity and place them on the towel in front of you on the guitar top. For changing the pickups only, I was able to leave everything in except the individual volume pots, the master tone, and the jack (they are all webbed together, so you'll likely have to take out more than you intend on working with)

-Now, take a moment to analyze the situation and figure out what exactly you need to do. If your guitar is wired correctly, you'll just need to unsolder the pickups and solder in the new pickups the same way. If, like me, your diagram doesn't match Gretsch's tone pot diagram, you might elect to fix it while your at it.

-I didn't replace the pots themselves. I was happy that they were indeed full size pots; something I've never seen on a budget import guitar before. Plus, I was still intimidated and didn't want to press my luck. I wanted to get in and get out.

-So now you do your soldering. It can be easier and less messy to work with new pots because they don't have old solder all over the place making life hard. If you use the old ones, consider a solder wick or solder sucker to keep from making a solder mess. If you are new to soldering but refused to get Terry's video, shame on you. But remember to get on and off the part quick. The heat will travel into the pot and fry it and possibly back into the pickup, damaging the protective coating that surrounds the pickup wire. Its a good idea to use heat sinks.

When doing your new neck pickup, remember to put the wire into the neck cavity and back up through the bridge cavity to do the work. If you can, go ahead and thread the wire into the harness the way the old one was. Bonus points for neatness.

*make sure you cover the guitar with the towles before you introduce hot solder. And open a window, thats some toxic stuff.

-So you've swapped the pickups and everything is wired up, carefully put the guts back in the body of the guitar. Gently pull on the dental floss ends which should thread your pots and jack right up into position. Mine went smooth without a hitch. If you wires got all bird's nesty inside, you could have a problem though. Hopefully not.

-with the pots in place, thread the washer and nut right over the floss and into position. Tighten carefully. If the pot is rotating will your tightening the nut, you may need to hold onto the pot knurl with a second wrench to hold it still. Bring the jack back through the hole and put the nut on. Then remove the screw/anchor or whatever you devised. If you have a multimeter, nows a good time to check it if you haven't already. Put a guitar chord into the jack and put your multimeter on the ends of the chord, one probe on the tip and the other behind the black line. Make sure you volume pots are wide open and check your reading. It should match the appropriate reading based one what pickup is selected. You could have done this earlier if you know where to put the probes. I waited because I wanted to check the whole circuit. If there is a problem, you gotta go back and figure out what when wrong.

* Take off the floss. A poke with an exacto will make that floss fall right off.

-screw your pickups back and screw your knobs back on. String up, set your pickup heights and enjoy.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if I've left any holes and I'll try and fill them. I found the whole experience much much easier than I thought. The repair shop I've used in the past in San Francisco wanted $100 per pickup to install on a hollowbody!!! Yes its a top of the line repair shop, the best in the area, but thats just crazy money. I decided to learn to deal with things myself.

Be patient. Have a beer. Don't use too much solder if your a novice.

Good luck,

Θα το κανω με την πετονια  ;D

παρε και ενα ανεκδοτο  ;D

Η πετονιά και η ξανθιά !!!

Πάει μια ξανθιά ένα πρωί σε ένα μαγαζί με είδη για ψάρια. - Καλημέρα (λέει η ξανθιά) - Καλημέρα (απαντά ο μαγαζάτορας) - Θα ήθελα μια πετονιά λέει η ξανθιά...

- Πετονιά; Τι να την κάνετε εάν επιτρέπεται; ρωτά απορημένος ο μαγαζάτορας.

- Λοιπόν λέει η ξανθιά έχω κλειστεί έξω από το αυτοκίνητο και την θέλω για να φτιάξω με αυτήν μια θηλιά και επειδή έχω αφήσει το παράθυρο του αυτοκινήτου μου λίγο ανοιχτό θα ρίξω την θηλιά μέσα για να πιάσω την ασφάλεια και να ανοίξω το αμάξι......

Τρελαμένος ο μαγαζάτορας με όλα αυτά που άκουσε της λέει εάν μπορεί να έρθει μαζί της..

- Ναι απαντάει η ξανθιά.

Πράγματι πάνε στο σημείο που είχε το αμάξι της φτιάχνει την θηλιά και προσπαθούσε να πιάσει την ασφάλεια του αυτοκινήτου..

Ξαφνικά ακούγεται μια άλλη ξανθιά από μέσα να λέει:

- Λίγο πιο δεξιά λίγο πιο δεξιά

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου